5.28.2007

my very exciting weekend

Well I have officially decided that I am the coolest person in the world! I am of course totally kidding. I did however get to talk to John for the first time in a month! Yeah, I'm totally set for at least another few weeks. He's doing really well in Ranger school, and has officially passed phase one of four. He said that is is hard mentally but not nearly hard enough physically (typical John). We really appreciate all the prayers and encouragement you have given us. Please keep praying that he'll finish on time, and then I can stay sane. ;) He said that we can send him letters, so when I get his address we can all write him. HMMMM... what a great family home evening. he he he
Aussie is doing very well. All you dog owners, I have two words for you... Cesar Milan (aka The dog Whisperer). I have been making Aussie walk behind me and wait until I go through doors first and he's totally improved. I am a proud parent. Is it sad that he's considered my child? Yes, but deal with it. ;)
I went up to Logan Saturday and hung out with Shelley and Rob and Jasper. Aussie and Jasper absolutely love each other and did not stop playing the entire time we were there. It made for a great and quiet ride home and also a great night's sleep. My thanks go to Jasper and Shelley! ;)
I can only wait in anticipation for when there are four dogs in Mom and Dads house. HA HA HA!!! Can you just imagine: Aussie, Jasper, Shivers, and Barley all trying to play with eighty children running and playing with them? This is going to be good. Are you guys bringing your dogs to the wedding?
Oh well, this is getting really long. I went back to school on Monday. Let me preface this with the fact that I work at a Title 1 school... Things went well, except I found out that one of my students has, wait for it... wait for it... PINWORMS!!!!! Yuck, of all the teachers in the school, she had to be in my clean and germ free classroom? Totally contagious by the way. Life goes on, and I've dealt with it. Only four more weeks of school. Yeah!
I've rambled for long enough. I love you all and look forward to seeing you all!
Alyssa

1 comment:

shelleylyn said...

Aussie is definitely Jasper's best friend. She just can't romp and play with the other dogs in the neighborhood like she can with Aussie. (They are all little dogs and she just dominates... Aussie keeps her in check :)