5.18.2007

Jasper Joins the Johnsons


So last Saturday I was doing some gardening work and Kim called me. She said, "We've found your dog!" She and Lys were at Petsmart in Layton where the Humane Society was doing pet adoptions. I'd previously told her and Lys that I was interested in having an Australian Shepherd.

My immediate response was..."no, I've got to go to Chicago next week... and furthermore, I don't want to potty train a puppy." Then she sent a pix message and the first tugs started. I called Rob and he said that if I loved her, so would he. So I dropped what I was doing (still haven't planted those flowers in the window box) and drove to Layton. Kim and Lys sat with the puppy, warding off interested parties for the hour it took me to drive down.

I walked into Petsmart and saw Kim waving at me. Lys was sitting down, holding the dog formerly known as Tinkerbel on her lap. As soon as I saw her, the tears welled up (I swear, I'm not on my period) and I just knew she was my dog. Weird, eh? I was praying to help me know if she was the right dog for us. Rob and I don't have the bandwidth for a yippy, high-maintenance dog... And she's perfect. Loving, sweet, happy, and fun. She doesn't run away, but she does pee on my carpet. Thanks Lys and Wendy for telling me about Nature's Miracle.

She and Rob fell in love right away. She immediately went to him and licked everything she could get to, they started playing. She loves him and sees him as a big tall jungle gym. She has already learned to sit. One day she won't pee in my house :)

More pics
of our sweet puppy.

No comments: