11.12.2007

Putting Up Christmas Trees





I guess I'm getting in the Christmas spirit, or at least in the mood to have the trees up. I put the big tree downstairs this year and bought some new oversize balls. I decided to put some blue on it to go with the couches. I am really pleased with how it turned out! The blue has some turquoise in it, which made a fresher-looking contrast with the red and gold.

Everything below waist high is unbreakable, so when Alyssa brings her dogs, there can't be any catastrophes. At least not if we get them tied up! The trees, that is!




Guess what! After I put the downstairs tree up, I found the nutcracker ornaments which had been lost for several years. They needed a tree all their own, so I put up a tree in my office on top of the filing cabinets. It has the straw ornaments from Germany, the olive wood ornaments from Israel, the nutcrackers (bought in Germany but made in China, of course, because I am too cheap to buy the real German nutcrackers,) and the Turkish lanterns.

1 comment:

Wendy/Chris said...

your christmas trees are always so beautiful, mom. If you want blue in your tree, then "let there be blue". Love you! wendy