7.05.2007

Summer in South Carolina




Talk about a fabulous summer so far! I've been in South Carolina with pregnant Wendy and her fun family for about a week and a half. We've had SO much fun! Alex Leffler came over for a week and we've had a fabulous time! I'll be honest with you, the first few days, I was so hot from the humidity that I didn't want to eat or drink anything. However, the breezes have kicked up quite a bit, and life is good now.



As you would expect, Justin and Hayden can't put down their light sabers and we've laughed a lot together.

Last night, for the fireworks, Hayden was so impressed! He kept saying, "BAM!" every time a firework went off. That's a boy after my own heart, I'll tell you what. When they were over, he was so happy, he said, "I"m proud of you" because he couldn't really express how he was feeling. It was so fun to see the 4th of July through kids' eyes. Justin only covered his ears a few times because it was so loud. Lee Greenwood, the singer who sang, "Proud to be an American" also came! What a fabulous day it was! We also had a pancake breakfast at Wendy's ward. The mayor came as well as a lot of military dignitaries. Hurray! :)

Check out my photos on my flickr account. We've gone to the beach, to the Magnolia Plantation, to downtown Charleston and the battery, to Cypress Gardens, and to the festivities for the 4th. I wish you all were here to share this experience with me. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kimhenson/show/

1 comment:

shelleylyn said...

So fun! I'm glad you are having a grand time!