10.25.2007

John's in Iraq (but right now he's in Kuwait)



Hello all! Well John's officially deployed for another 415 days, but who's counting right. These are pictures of him right before he got on the bus and left. He is currently in Kuwait training for three weeks until he goes to Iraq to provide protection for the battery's Colonel and other high ranking guys. I really don't know much about what's going on there, but I did get a chance to talk to him today. WAHOO!!! I also received an email from him stating that we could send him packages and mail; The address he gave me was in Iraq and he's in Kuwait so I'd recommend that if you are sending him a package to leave out the perishables until further notice. We really appreciate any support everyone could give him while he's away for so long.
I'm doing well in the land of hillbillies. ;) Really, it's quite nice out here and I've been making lots of friends who are in the same situation I am in, so it's going well. I can tell that there have been prayers on my behalf so thank you. Aussie and Sugar are well. They sure seem to play a lot and get into more than their fair share of mischief. Sugar needs to be trained still, but that's something that I plan on doing in the near future.
Life is good, I have my good days and my bad days but so does everyone else. I love you all and would love to have everyone write john emails or send packages. You are the best.

Here's Johns email:
liberalmocker@yahoo.com

Here's John's address:

2LT John Tribe
HHB, 1-320th FAR
2BCT 101st ABN DIV (AASLT)
CAMP LIBERTY
UNIT #43081
APO AE 09344-3081

We love you all! God bless America (and my soldier)!




2 comments:

Laura said...

We love you and John Lys!
Thanks for the update on the blog, we have been thinking about you and wondering how you are. We will for sure send John an email and keep you two in our prayers everynight. We don't have a missionary to pray for specifically, so now we can pray for John. I am glad you are liking it there and making friends! That is wonderful! I didn't know you got another dog! Post pictures of her!
Love you!
Love Laura

shelleylyn said...

Love you lys and john